This morning, the software that powers Blogs At Penn State was upgraded. This upgrade will provide better stability and performance going forward and should result in less downtime. Other changes to Blogs At Penn State are outlined below.
You can quicky and easily post about content you find on the web with the new quickpost bookmarklet. You can find the bookmarklet (Handy Shortcuts) on your blog's dashboard page. "QuickPost to My Portfolio" is located on the bottom-right.
Just drag it up to the bookmarks bar of your browser. When you are on a page that you want to post about, you can highlight the relevant text and click the bookmarklet in your browser. You will taken to a new blog entry where you can add your commentary and make any edits you wish, then hit save to publish.
Add Multiple Authors In One Step
The new interface allows you to add many users at once to your blog in one simple step.
- Garbage text sometimes caused by copy and pasting from Microsoft Word will no longer appear on blog.
- Rebuild triggers can now be added by blog id.
- Users are now warned if they go over the limit of uploading a single file that is over the 50M upload limit (Files larger than 50M can still be uploaded using PASS Explorer, PASS Gateway, or other common PASS access methods)
- Create Entry and Page screens now inform user of tag delimiter setting.
- Protected blogs are now identified by a lock icon in the blog selection pull-down.
- Other minor interface improvements.